CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Quiet

You’re so quiet and quaint as I slip off your masks

and you smile as if you might know something more.

I know what comes next, and you know just as well,

and you seem like you’ve done this before.

 

So it starts and you flinch as I poke at your fears,

and you stir as I shake your familiar core.

You brace for what’s next, and I lose all control,

and you scream like you’ve done this before.

 

Once it’s done you embrace your unstable relapse,

and you tremble as if you don’t want anymore.

But you know what comes next, and I know just as well,

and I know that you’ve done this before.

 

Song Inspiration:
     
Anberlin - Breaking

2 comments:

Mandy said...

So your comment really ate at me...it guilted me.
Then I listened to the song and it meant something completely different.

That's the sign of a gifted writer. To make someone relate to your writing in more than one way.

That was really cool. Thank you for posting.

Mandy said...

I meant your poem...not comment :)